Inshur Insurance App:
This New York start up runs marketing from Brighton for the UK and NY markets. They required a strategy, set of processes, and all templates to establish consistent and creative brand capabilities through their social channels for both drivers and the InsurTech audience. This creation machine was to cover brand messaging, staff resources, external resource management, and content creation for the website and social. I created a completely bespoke set of structures for Inshur to use now and that can be adapted for use across European markets as they expand. It works to build a strong organic presence and the process can incorporate paid digital marketing.
Onsite social consultancy
In order to create bespoke templates and processes, most of the my work was done onsite with the marketing manager, and training their team. We started with reviewing the brand story materials and the expectations for social with the director as well as marketing execs, for the development of a content strategy. As well as the creation of processes and documents for an effective Ed Board, I built a list of freelancers across many disciplines and defined the level of resources needed internally and externally, broken down by time and task.
Phase 1: Editorial Board process
The establishment of a fortnightly editorial board was created with templates put to work:
- Preparation documents – Monthly planning calendar to be filled out with all business, event, updates, special days. Attendees checklist of topics (both short and long term) relevant to their assigned audience.
- During Ed Board training management of tasks – Create shortlist of content ideas. Analyse each opportunity against content matrix to ensure regions and audience priorities are met. Consider creative execution and amounts of content needed for each platform (social, website and email), and assign tasks with deadlines.
- During Ed Board creation of templates – Capturing findings and content creation opportunities for website blog and social content in spreadsheet with drop-downs for territories, content categories, content formats, priorities and due dates. Fill out and review monthly content planner and social media weekly planner with agreed content options.
- Post Ed Board process training – Managing content creation requests, copywriter and artworker management for platform specific assets, scheduling and community management, and event activation duties. How to review analytics to bring insights to the next Ed Board.
- Incorporation of agency Thoughtshift into the planning and content creation for synergies – a digital marketing strategy consultancy specialising in ecommerce SEO, PPC and social media in Brighton who lead paid social and website analytics/blog audit.
Phase 2: Company-wide training in social
Over two half days, a week apart, I will give two separate training sessions in social media awareness. An intro to social media followed up with a masterclass.
An intro to social class that starts with a 101 on the current state of social’s place in our lives, share case studies for insights of successful use by brands and individuals and how the personal and professional overlap. Ask them all to open their LinkedIn profile and walk them through updating it and how to create one post that can help develop their career and support the company on topics like events they attend for social diversity and inclusion, or on their specialist knowledge.
This will be followed with a Masterclass in social for those who are interested in contributing content for the company and to advancing their own professional reputation. We’ll review LinkedIn, Twitter for company engagement and Facebook and Instagram for supporting the company’s customer content. Breaking it down by: the personality styles people gravitate to, hacks on how to use each platform successfully, how the algorithms support good content with clear examples on what gains the best results per platform. We’ll go through each persons profile, create a post and tweet, using free tools that assist with content creation, trending hashtags, scheduling for efficiencies, and how to leverage event content opportunities.
Results to come: Currently working with Inshur on hiring and employee resource as they juggle business and marketing priorities. They are committed to achieve the level of consistency and creativity that the process requires and are using Q4 2019 to establish internal structures to be able to support a social strategy.
Get in touch to find out how I can help your team to be better at social.